Friday, February 10, 2006

 

This Week On the Beach

I have been too busy this week to post daily. Retirement can be so hectic! I worked at the Jr. High Monday and Tuesday and at the High School yesterday. Played golf Wednesday. Today I ate a great breakfast of poached eggs with cheese sauce on toast points with 2 strips of turkey bacon and a cup of skim milk. Took Bubba for a wizzle in the drizzle.

I ate pretty well this week with the exception of pizza margherita last night. Also had a glass of Smoking Loon cabernet sauvignon. We had some at J&P's in Lubbock, and liked it very much. I am not much of a wine drinker and especially reds. But this is very tasty. And has a cool label!

We had boiled shrimp Monday night. Perfect for a low carb meal. When I cook shrimp, we cook two pounds. We eat one pound for supper and then make shrimp salad out of the other pound. I use Paula Dean's shrimp salad sandwich recipe from the Food Network. I just leave off the bread part.

Here is the recipe:

1 lb. boiled shrimp, peeled and deveined (I finely chopped half and coursely chopped the other half)
3 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup low fat (not fat free!) mayonnaise
dash onion powder (or any form of onion flavor)
dash celery salt
dash seasoning salt (this is a very important ingredient, I think)
black pepper to taste

Just mix all the ingredients and enjoy. Very tasty.

Out of eggs, so got to go shopping.

UPDATE:

Had leftover cabbage soup for lunch. Threw in a few whole wheat saltines. Had Blue Bunny Lite 85 raspberry yogurt for snack and wine, cheese, and pork rinds for appetizer before grilled chicken and steak with baked sweet potato and salad for supper. Stuffed. Hope I didn't overdo it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?